PROJECT COORDINATOR VACANCY
Job description – 23 Project coordinator job description v03 (002)
The Project Coordinator role is a diverse and rewarding job role involving working within various projects across England and Wales that support flooded communities. You will be supporting a small team of Managers and be responsible for various tasks across several projects delivered by our team of Flood Engagement Officers.
This role also includes working with Flood Risk Management teams in County Councils, local Authorities, the Environment Agency, Water Companies & other stakeholders.
Due to expansion of our projects and delivery, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Coordinator that can help us with the delivery of our work. You will be responsible for leading the coordination of and managing the day-to-day tasks that keep the various NFF projects running smoothly.
You will be doing this by supporting the management team by:
- Supporting managers to deliver projects to time, scope, and quality.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders (flood Risk Management Authorities, Councils, Water Companies, Flood Action Groups, Forums, other charitable organisations, etc.).
- Facilitating communication amongst National Flood Forum team members, ensuring everyone is informed about project updates, changes, and requirements.
- Overseeing administrative tasks by planning and scheduling project steering group meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, and following up on agreed actions.
- Co-ordination and reporting of risks, issues, actions, and decisions to projects.
- Playing a role in identifying and addressing issues that arise during a project, by helping to resolve any conflicts, removing obstacles, and helping to find solutions to challenges.
- Ensuring that project reports are prepared in time and at quality standards, and ready to be distributed to project partners.
- Monitoring and reporting of tasks and actions, ensuring timelines are agreed, all tasks are assigned, progress is monitored, and deadlines are met.
- Maintaining electronic records and files and support the management team with the set up of a centralised database.
- Collecting and analysing data on the project that will serve as evidence for case studies.
- Tracking progress of project outputs and deliverables and reporting those to the management team.
- Tracking project spend and ensuring budgets are on target
Key skills required are:
- Previous working experience as a Project Coordinator or similar, with demonstrable records
- In-depth knowledge of project management and development procedures
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, networking, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent team worker
- Multi-tasking and data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation and proactive problem solver
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands