What we do
The National Flood Forum is a national charity dedicated to supporting and representing communities and individuals at risk of flooding. We do this by:
- Helping people to prepare for flooding in order to prevent it or mitigate its impacts
- Helping people to recover their lives once they have been flooded
- Campaigning on behalf of flood risk communities and working with government and agencies to ensure that they develop a community perspective.
How we help
- Facilitating and supporting community flood groups. We now have 160 affiliated groups in England and Wales
- Helping communities to recover from flooding
- Providing a telephone help line for all flood related enquiries including insurance.
- Providing information and guidance through our website and our regular bulletin
- Flood surgeries and exhibitions to help people with their problems raise awareness
- Training for local authorities, agencies and the voluntary sector
- Blue pages directory of products
Working with government, agencies and local authorities on issues such as flood risk insurance, property level protection and recovery to ensure that the needs of flood risk communities are represented
The NFF works to support the recovery of victims of flooding, to improve resilience of communities to future flood threat and speaks out to highlight the plight of flood victims and the need for adequate flood prevention investment.
We are a registered charity that was established in 2002 with start-up funding from the Environment Agency (EA). We are a national organisation that helps communities and individuals to prepare for flooding and provides recovery support after floods.
The NFF also provides a strong and independent voice that represents the interests of people affected by flooding. This includes working closely with national and local government agencies, flood protection companies and the insurance industry, as well as flood groups to ensure that the views and issues of those at risk of flooding are taken into account when decisions are made.